We’re looking for a Backend Engineer to work alongside our team leads to help maintain and scale our services. Here is the day-to-day responsibilities:
- Maintain and scale the backend architecture that powers Mutate AB platform.
- Collaborate with or Core Systems teams to ensure the seamless development of a cloud-native gaming engine solution.
- Lead the design and implementation of microservices architecture across our different applications.
- Conduct cost-benefit analysis of different feature requirements in service of performance, user safety, and accessibility.
- Support our architecture migration to different backend systems, including Rust API and gRPC.
- Improve backend services to ensure the platform can handle high-volume user requirements.
- Troubleshoot backend interactions, bugs, event-driven errors, and downtime loss.
- Introduce DevOps efficiencies related to usage, loading, deployment, quality assurance, and automation.
- Ensure appropriate documentation, planning, and maintenance of the codebase.
Game Engine in C++17, Vulkan, Conan, Rust API, CMake & C#, targeting Windows and Linux. Backend in Java/Spring, Kubernetes, Python, Terraform, deployed on AWS.
- Health & Wellness. Premium health plan that includes medical, dental, and vision.
- Flexible Time Off. We’re a global team and so we provide our team with a competitive vacation and holiday package.
- Employee Incentive Program. We reward employees equity options as part of an opportunity to participate in our upside growth.
- Amazing culture. Tons of exposure across teams and healthy work-life balance.
- Free gaming. Weekly playtests of the product with the whole team
- Quarterly "fun weeks". Everyone can work on what they want, even if it's not related to Mutate!