Mutate is a social platform based on games where everyone can be both a player and a creator, in the same application. We started Mutate in 2014 with the vision of democratizing game creation by providing our users with a no-code experience and offering a platform that is based on accessibility, integration, and interactive, user-generated content.
Our intention is to support low-end hardware so everyone can use Mutate even if they are on a laptop without a dedicated graphics card or a mobile phone. We’re a globally distributed team with folks in Sweden, Uruguay, Poland, the Netherlands, and more. We’re excited about changing social experiences through the launch of our platform.
We’re seeking a Frontend Engineer to work alongside our CTO and engineering leadership to build and implement the frontend architecture for Mutate’s upcoming gaming portfolio. As our newest engineer, you will be responsible for building the end-to-end UI for Mutate’s upcoming social gaming & creator-driven platform.
- Build a deep understanding of the gaming community’s UI needs and pain points, and advocate for seamless user experience.
- Build and implement the end-to-end frontend architecture for Mutate’s upcoming social gaming & creator-driven platform. This includes the tutorial and the user sessions for both creator and player modes.
- Lead programming efforts that will improve the UI of the application.
- Contribute to brainstorming sessions and product review sessions in collaboration with our team.
- Support and maintain clean and simple code through strong documentation, sprint planning, triage, and quality control.
- Frontend Engineering. You have a minimum of 3+ years of experience building and implementing frontend and UI features for mobile applications/products.
Nice to Have
- Proficiency in C++ is highly preferred.
- Prior experience with mobile or desktop gaming applications is highly desirable.
- Health & Wellness. A premium health plan that includes medical, dental, and vision.
- Flexible Time Off. We’re a global team and so we provide our team with a competitive vacation and holiday package.
- Free gaming. Weekly playtests of the product with the whole team!
- Reoccurring "fun weeks". Everyone can work on what they want, even if it's not related to Mutate!
- Employee Incentive Program. We reward employees' equity options as part of an opportunity to participate in our upside growth.
- Amazing culture. Tons of exposure across teams and healthy work-life balance.